Who is the most online Dubliner of them all?
Northside v Southside Social Media Facts
With over 12,000 Dubliners expected to come together at Hill 16 in Croke Park this Saturday for the Capital’s quarter final battle against Tyrone, it will be extremely difficult to tell which supporters are Northsiders and which are Southsiders – that is unless you asked them about their social media habits.
A recent BACARDI Together Poll has revealed that although from the same county, when it comes to social media use, there are still some very obvious divides
- 45% of Southsiders have admitted that they spend more time on Facebook than they did six months ago, compared to just 25% of Northsiders.
- The average Dubliner has 152 Facebook friends, only 23% of Northsiders admit that they have up to 15 close friends compared to just 18% of Southsiders
- · 31% of Northside Dubliners use their social networking sites to make life more fun and exciting compared to just 18% of Southsiders
When attending a Dublin football Match
· 22% of both Northsiders and Southsiders admit to feeling extremely connected while attending a football game.
· The survey has also revealed how 46% of Irish people class North Dubliners as “True Blues” and 63% of Northsiders agree with this.
When it comes to getting together
· 43% of Northside Dubliners believe they are more family orientated than their Southside counterparts
Via email today.